mandag den 7. oktober 2019

not-so-copehagen kitchen

True to the header, this blog is again about moving.

Although I was having a ball living alone in Copenhagen, it was in fact lonely sometimes. After much consideration I decided to move in with my new boyfriend in a small city in Michigan. Quite a change after living in a European capital for the past 8 years and the bustling, diverse suburbs of Orange County before that. It's quiet but I enjoy it after living in the heart of the city and all the noise (and smells) that come with it.

It was stressful to move with 3 suitcases and 2 cats in tow through three different flights. I may have cried a lot; both from anxiety about my whining cats and sadness over leaving my friends and my life in Denmark. Although living there was tough in the beginning I managed to jump through most of the hoops I needed to stay there, learn the language, get a job, and make friends. It was a hard decision to leave it all behind but I always knew I had to come back to the States.

It has been a long time since my last post and a lot has happened since then! My boyfriend is now my husband, we bought a house, and we acquired a third cat! Maybe the biggest change in relation to this blog is the fact that I went vegetarian a year and a half ago. I never thought it would be possible for me, but here we are. I want to start up writing here again to keep track of some of the new recipes I've created and some of the vegan dishes I have enjoyed. But I do need a new name and I need to clean up the blog a little.

Ingen kommentarer: